Use the Partner Portal to create and manage support tickets for the Open Connect team. You can open general support tickets, or tickets that are associated with a particular site or Open Connect Appliance (OCA).
Note: Email notifications for ticket updates are currently associated with a 'no-reply' email address. Therefore, no one will receive your message if you respond directly to email notifications from your inbox. You must respond or add comments using the ticket user interface in the portal.
When you open a support ticket in the Partner Portal, the Netflix Open Connect team is notified. You can use support tickets to report an issue with an OCA or a site, or you can open a general inquiry. Support tickets are resolved by either the Open Connect CDN Operations team or your Partner Engagement Manager (PEM).
You can open the following types of support tickets:
- Inquiry: A technical or general inquiry about your Open Connect environment or portal metrics.
- Non-service affecting: An operation on either your or Netflix’s end that will likely not impact Netflix content delivery to your subscribers. For example, a request to change the fill window.
- Service affecting: A configuration change request or configuration modification on your end that requires the attention of the Netflix Open Connect Operations team and has the potential to disrupt Netflix content delivery to your subscribers. For example, a BGP issue or appliance malfunction.
Creating a new support ticket
You can open tickets from either the appliance widget for an individual appliance or from the main Tickets page.
To open a ticket from the appliance widget in the status board, first click the "eye" icon to expand the widget.
In the expanded view, click Create Ticket . Using this method, the site and appliance information is pre-selected for you.
To open a ticket from the main Tickets page, click My Open Connect Network > Tickets, then click Create Ticket.
Managing existing support tickets
On the main Tickets page you can explore all of the tickets that have been previously opened for your organization. You can also edit or close open tickets, or re-open closed tickets.
Viewing a count of open support tickets
You can see a count of open support tickets from one of two places:
- From the left navigation, the number of open support tickets for your entire organization is displayed.
- On the appliance status widget for an individual appliance, the number of open support tickets for that appliance is displayed.
Back to top
© 2016, 2017 Netflix, Inc. All rights reserved.